"Boxemännercher" are baked in Luxembourg during November and December. Usually, the "Kleeschen" bring them with lots of presents to the children on the 6th December. Enjoy them with butter or some homemade jam.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
Total Time: 40-45 mins
Portions: 16 dough men
1 kg flour
50 g fresh yeast (or 10 g dried yeast)
400 ml milk
150 g sugar
150 g butter
125 g crème fraiche
1/2 tsp salt
1. Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre in which you put half of the milk and the fresh yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Melt the butter and let cool slightly.
3. Add the rest of the milk, the sugar, the eggs, crème fraiche and butter to the flour and knead into a soft dough for 10 minutes. Last add the salt. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
5. Divide the dough into pieces of 100 g and form small dough balls. Form the balls into little dough men (use a scissor to cut in legs and arms). Let rise for 30 minutes.
6. Brush the dough men with milk and bake for 20-25 minutes.