An amazing idea to use all the courgette that grow in your garden during summer. You can cut the cake into small cubes and serve it as an appetizer, as a side for a barbecue party or serve a whole slice with some fresh salad.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 50-55 mins
Total Time: 70-75 mins
Servings: 8-10 people
Portions: 1 cake
500 g courgette
2 garlic cloves
2 spring onions
230 g flour
1 pack baking powder
50 ml olive oil
75 g parmesan
25 ml milk
10 g parsley
10 g chives
5-10 g basil
1 tsp curry powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Roughly grate the courgette.
3. Finely chop the garlic and spring onions.
4. Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the grated courgette, garlic, and spring onions for 10 minutes. Season generously with curry powder, salt, and pepper.
5. Separate the egg yolk from the whites. Beat the egg yolks with olive oil and milk for 30 seconds. Whisk stiff the whites and add to the egg yolk oil mixture. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
6. Grate the parmesan and finely chop the fresh herbs.
7. Add the herbs, cheese and courgette to the dough and stir well.
8. Cover a cake tin with baking paper.
9. Pour the dough into the cake tin and bake for 50-55 minutes.
10.Take the cake out of the oven and let cool.