If you have never eaten polenta fries before, you definitely need to try these. They are super crispy without having used any oil or butter. Combined with the spicy Samurai sauce of "Moutarderie de Luxembourg" they are the perfect apetizer or side dish.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Servings: 2 people
150 g polenta
275 ml milk
275 ml vegetable stock
1 large garlic clove
2-3 tbsp fresh herbs (e.g. parsely, thyme and rosemary)
"Samurai" sauce by "Moutarderie de Luxembourg"
1. On low heat, bring the milk and vegetable stock to a boil. Stir in the polenta and let simmer for 3 more minutes.
2. Finely chop the garlic clove and fresh herbs and add to the polenta. Season to perfection with salt and pepper.
3. Put baking paper in a medium rectangular baking form, and spread out evenly with a spatula. Put in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
5. Flip the baking form onto a cutting board and cut the polenta into sticks. Place the sticks on a baking tray and make sure that they do not touch each other.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, and flip them half way through.
7. Dip into the delicious “Samurai” sauce by “Moutarderie de Luxembourg”.