Quick lunch idea that is a little bit more special, you can easily take it to work or school.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 2 people
4 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
3 cm ginger
½ lime (juice)
1 tbsp tamarind paste or sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
300 g cooked udon noodles
1 red pepper
2 handful unsalted peanuts
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Up to 1 day in advance (min 1 h in advance), marinate the tofu. Put the tofu on a plate, cover it with a cutting board and place some heavy books on it. Let sit for 10 minutes to get excess water out of the tofu. Cut the tofu into small cubes.
2. Finely chop spring onions, garlic, and ginger.
3. Mix tamarind paste, lime juice, sesame oil and soy sauce. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger, and tofu to the mixture. Put into the fridge.
4. In a pan, roast the unsalted peanuts until golden brown, set aside.
5. Meanwhile cut the pepper and cucumber into thin slices. Put in a large bowl.
6. Fry the marinated tofu with all the marinade in a pan at high heat for 6-8 minutes. Turn down the heat and add the udon noodles, fry for another 3 minutes. Then add everything to the pepper and cucumber slices.
7. For the dressing, mix sesame oil, soy sauce and maple syrup, pour it over the noodle-tofu-veggie mixture. Season with pepper if needed.
8. Serve with roasted peanuts on top.