Make your own falafels without any preservatives or flavour enhancers. You can eat them with my fresh homemade hummus or in a tortilla wrap. They are a good source of plant-based protein and low in fat.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 2-4 people
Portions: 8-10 falafels
1 tin chickpeas
2 tbsp flour
2 spring onions
2 garlic cloves
15 g flat parsley
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1. Peel the chickpeas. Do not skip this step, it can take a little bit more time, but it makes a crucial difference to the consistency of the falafels.
2. Roughly chop the spring onions and garlic.
3. Put the chickpeas, flour, spring onions, garlic, herbs, and spices into a food processor. Blend until the mixture is uniform and does not have any bigger chunks anymore.
4. Finalize the falafels. Divide the “dough” into 8-10 equal pieces and shape small balls with your hands.
5. I suggest frying the falafels in a pan with some olive oil until they are golden brown. However, you could also deep-fry them or bake them fat-free in the oven for 20-30 minutes.