Another amazing side dish for summer barbecue parties. You should really stick to the times during which the dough rises, as this makes the focaccia super fluffy and delicious.
Preparation Time: 20 mins (+2h)
Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
Total Time: 45 mins (+2h)
Servings: 8-10 people
525 g white flour
8 g dried yeast
375 ml water
75 ml olive oil
10 g salt
10 g fresh thyme
1 stalk fresh rosemary
10 black olives
10 green olives
1. Using your hands, mix the yeast with the water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add the flour and oil. Knead into a soft dough.
3. Add the salt and knead for another 5 minutes.
4. Finely chop the herbs and incorporate them into the dough.
5. Lightly brush a large bowl with olive oil, put in the dough and let it rise for 1-2 hours until it has doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
7. Put the dough in a squared baking form of 30 cm side length. Halve the olives and distribute them on top of the focaccia. Let rise for another 30-45 minutes.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. You can drizzle the focaccia with some extra olive oil as soon as it comes out of the oven.