Orzo is still one of my favourite ingredients to cook with, and this one-pot baked orzo is super fresh for spring. Moreover, you will only need on form to prepare this delicious meal.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 2 people
230 g orzo pasta
1 broccoli head
30 g sliced almonds
60 g parmesan
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the broccoli into its individual florets and finely slice the stalk. Put it into a large oven-proof form.
3. Add the raw orzo pasta to the broccoli and pour in boiling vegetable stock until the orzo pasta is covered. (The broccoli does not need to be fully covered as you will have to much water otherwise). Add the zest of 1 lemon and ground nutmeg. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes and give it a good stir every 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, roast the sliced almonds in a pan without oil until they are golden brown. Set aside.
5. Grate the parmesan and add half of it to the orzo when it is cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Mix it roughly and top with the rest of the parmesan. Bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Add some splashes of lemon juice and top with the sliced almonds.