This recipe is inspired by a dish of an Indian street food restaurant. Paneer is an Indian cheese made from cow milk and is used instead of meat in several dishes.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 2 people
Portion: 4 Wraps
4 wholemeal tortilla wraps
250 g paneer
2 tbsp sunflower oil
3 tsp garam masala powder
4 handful spinach
4 tbsp tamarind sauce
8 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 small bunch of fresh coriander
1. Mix sunflower oil with garam masala spices.
2. Cut the paneer into 8 sticks and brush amply with garam masala marinade.
3. Fry the paneer in a pan until it is golden brown on every side.
4. Meanwhile, cut the mango into small cubes and detach the pomegranate grains from the fruit.
5. Heat the tortilla wrap for 30 seconds in the microwave.
6. Cover the wrap with a handful of spinach leaves and 2 sticks of the crispy paneer. Top with 2 tbsp yoghurt, 1 tbsp tamarind sauce (alternative: mango chutney), pomegranate and mango cubes.
7. Serve with fresh coriander.