My first recipe and the reason why I started this blog. Everybody loves this granola and wanted to have the recipe for it, so here it is. Store-bought granola is often very high in sugar and saturated fats. This is a healthier version that you can do yourself at home.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Portion: 1 tray
500 g oats
100 g pecan nuts
100 g cashew nuts
50 g sunflower oil
100g honey or agave syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch sea salt
25 g pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Chop the nuts roughly.
3. Mix the oats, nuts, honey/agave syrup, oil, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Put baking paper on a baking tray.
5. Spread the mixture on the tray and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes until it is golden brown. Stir well and put back into the oven. Repeat this process 4 more times.
6. Add the pumpkin seeds and place into the oven for another 3 minutes.
7. Press the mixture onto the tray using a spoon and bake for 3 minutes.
8. Let it cool on the tray for at least 1 hour.
Enjoy with natural yoghurt and fresh berries!