The perfect cake for afternoon tea or dessert for cosy summer nights. Everyone loves this cake and it will certainly be gone quick.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins
Total Time: 75 mins
Servings: 8-10 people
Portion: 1 cake
225 g sugar
225 g butter
225 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1 unwaxed lemon (zest)
1 lemon (juice)
100 g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy. While mixing slowly, gradually add the eggs.
3. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and lemon zest.
4. Fold in the raspberries.
5. Grease a cake tin and cover the base with baking paper.
6. Pour the dough into the cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice.
8. Take the cake out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then carefully take it out of the cake tin and put it on a cooling grid.
9. With a thin wooden skewer, cut in some thin holes into the cake to allow the icing to enter. Then pour over the lemon-sugar icing and let the cake cool completely.