This is a family recipe and perfect if you want to benefit from the rhubarb season. Serve it with a large cup of coffee.
Prep Time: 35 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 75 mins
Servings: 8 people
Portion: 1 Tart
75 g sugar
1 tbsp sour cream
50g melted butter
2 tsp baking powder
500 g rhubarb
3 tbsp sour cream
125 g sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix eggs, sour cream, sugar and melted butter (the butter should not be too hot).
2. Add flour and baking powder and knead into a uniform dough. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Peel the rhubarb and cut into small pieces.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
5. Beat eggs, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the rhubarb to the mixture.
6. Grease a tart form with butter and coat with flour.
7. Roll out the dough using flour to avoid sticking and cover the tart form with the dough.
8. Pour the rhubarb egg mixture in the tart on top of the dough.
9. Bake for 30 minutes. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the filling is not liquid anymore. Let it cool.