This fresh rice noodle salad is the perfect lunch for hot days. It is full of vitamins and the crispy sesame tofu makes the salad even more delicious.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 2 people
200 g tofu
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp tamarind sauce
or maple syrup
100 g rice noodles
1 red pepper
75 g edamame beans (peeled)
2 spring onions
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp peanut butter (100% peanuts)
1 tbsp agave syrup
1/2 lime (juice)
1. Marinate the tofu with tamarind and soy sauce. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
2. Put the marinated tofu and sesame seeds into a bag and give it a light shake until the tofu is completely coated in sesame.
3. Heat some sesame oil in a pan and fry the tofu for 5-8 minutes until it is golden brown.
4. Cook the rice noodle according to instructions. Put into a large bowl.
5. Finely slice the pepper, cut the carrots into very thin sticks and the mango into small cubes. Add the veggies and edamame beans to the rice noodles.
6. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the rice noodles and veggies.
7. Top with the crispy tofu and sliced spring onions. You could also add some fresh coriander.