A juicy savoury tart that is full of vitamins due to its high vegetable content. Especially tomatoes contain a huge amount of vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin C protects your cells, keeps your skin, blood vessels, bones and cartilage healthy, and aids wound healing. This dish is incredibly useful if you want to get other things done while your food is cooking.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Servings: 4 people
325 g cherry tomatoes
1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves
125 g mozzarella
20 g pine nuts
1 puff pastry (light)
1 handful fresh basil
1 pinch salt, pepper, dried oregano
olive oil, balsamic glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C
2. Cut the aubergine and pepper into cubes. Halve the cherry tomatoes and finely chop the garlic.
3. Put the veggies on a large baking tray (with baking paper). Season with some olive oil, salt, pepper, dried oregano, and basil. Bake for 35 minutes and stir once after 20 minutes.
4. After 35 minutes, push together the veggies and cover with the puff pastry. Bake for another 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, roast the pine nuts in a pan until they are golden brown.
6. Flip over the tart onto a large board. Top with fresh basil, mozzarella, pine nuts and balsamic glaze.