This is my boyfriend's signature dish, Brioche is a typical French bread with high egg and butter content. In Luxembourg, it is known as 'Kirmeskuch'. Top it with homemade jam or butter.
Preparation Time: 20 (+90) mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins
Total Time: 75 (+90) mins
Servings: 4 people
Portion: 2 Brioches
1.5 kg white flour
625 ml milk
125 ml cream
150 g butter
1 tsp salt
80 g fresh yeast
200 g sugar
1. Mix yeast with 1/4 of the milk, put aside for 10 minutes.
2. Sieve the flour. Form a hole in the centre, add the milk-yeast mixture, salt, sugar, eggs and cream. Knead into a dough by gradually adding the rest of the milk. Last, add the melted butter.
3. Let the dough rise for 1-2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
5. Grease 2 cake tins with butter and coat with flour.
6. Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and form 2 long loaves. Put into the cake tins. You can brush the brioche loaves with some whisked egg.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Let cool.