Making your own ravioli is much easier than you might think, give it a try! You can also make more ravioli and freeze them for up to 2 months. Make sure you put some baking paper or aluminium foil between the layers as the ravioli may stick together otherwise.
Preparation Time: 50 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
Servings: 2 people
250 g white flour
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
250 g ricotta
1 small lemon
75 g butter
1 hdfl fresh sage
1. Place the flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle. Add a pinch of salt, eggs, egg yolks, water, and olive oil, beat until blended. Gradually draw in the flour and knead until it has turned into a smooth elastic dough. Let rest for 15 minutes.
2. Mix ricotta, the zest of a small lemon and a splash of lemon juice. Season to perfection with salt and pepper.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the dough using a pasta machine or a rolling pin.
4. To form the ravioli, I suggest using a ravioli making set. However, you could also use a water glass and cut out small discs. Then you place about 1 tsp filling on a disc, brush the edges with some water and put a second disc on top. Seal the ravioli with your fingers by gently pressing down along the edge.
5. In a small pan, melt the butter on low heat, add the sage leaves and heat for another 2 minutes stirring constantly. Cover and save for later.
6. Cook the ravioli for 2 minutes in boiling water. Serve with sage butter and freshly grated parmesan cheese.