This mini-brioches are perfect for autumn season as they look like small pumpkins. You can spread them with butter, jam or chocolate creme, and enjoy them with a large mug of hot chocolate. Delicious!
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
Total Time: 40-45 mins
Portions: 18-20 pumpkins
1 kg flour
50 g fresh yeast
400 ml milk (warm)
150 g sugar
150 g butter
125 ml crème fraiche
1. Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre in which you put half of the milk and the fresh yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Melt the butter and let cool slightly.
3. Add the rest of the milk, the sugar, the eggs, crème fraiche and butter to the flour and knead into a soft dough for 10 minutes. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
5. Divide the dough into pieces of 100 g and form small dough balls (use enough flour to do this). Take an ovenproof cord and cover it in flour (this prevents it from sticking to the dough after baking). Tie the cord around the dough pieces 4 times as you would do with gift cord around a gift. Make a knot and cut off the remaining cord.
6. Bake the pumpkin brioches for 20-25 minutes. When the pumpkin brioches are baked, cut the string, and detach it from the pumpkin brioches.