Refreshing drinks for hot summer days. This lemonade is 100% natural and contains less sugar than conventional soft drinks.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 1 person
Portion: 400ml syrup
200 ml water
500 g rhubarb
150 g sugar
150 ml sparkling water
100 ml rhubarb syrup
5-8 fresh strawberries
1. Peel the rhubarb and cut into small pieces.
2. Put the water, rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and zest into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Let the mixture cool and put through a sieve, save the liquid. Put the rest of the rhubarb in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the remaining liquid.
4. Fill the syrup into a small bottle and keep it in the fridge.
5. For the lemonade, mix 100 ml of rhubarb syrup with 150 ml of sparkling water. Cut strawberries into quarters and add some ice cubes.