If you have a vegetable garden, you can probably relate that at some point in summer, you have too many courgettes and need to become creative. This roasted courgette carbonara is very easy to prepare and the perfect dish for a hot summer night!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 people
500 g spaghetti
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp dried basil
160 g parmesan
1 handful fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut the courgettes and garlic cloves into slices. Put on a baking tray and drizzle with some olive oil. Season with dried basil, salt and pepper. Give it a good stir and bake for 25 minutes, mix halfway through.
3. Beat the eggs with the grated parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Cook the pasta according to instructions.
5. Add 3 tbsp of pasta-water to the egg-parmesan mixture and whisk well.
6. Now add the cooked spaghetti and roasted courgettes to the mixture. Give it a good stir and garnish with fresh basil.