Pumpkin also be used in sweet dishes, and it tastes amazing. These vegan pumpkin spice rolls are so fluffy and the perfect afternoon snack for a rainy autumn day. Enjoy them with a hot pumpkin spice latte for the extra pumpkin portion or a cup of tea.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 25-30 mins
Total Time: 45-50mins
Portions: 16 rolls
500 ml oat milk (warm)
15 g dried yeast
750 g flour
50 g sugar
110 g margarine
250 g pumpkin puree
75 g brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1/2tsp ginger, ¼tsp nutmeg, 1tsp cinnamon, 1 pinch ground cloves)
150 g icing sugar
75 g vegan cream cheese
1-2 tbsp water
1. Mix the dried yeast with half of the oat milk and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Melt the butter and let slightly cool.
3. Put the flour into a large bowl and make a well in the middle. Add the oat milk-yeast mixture, the remaining oat milk, melted butter and sugar. Mix into a soft dough. Let rise for 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the filling: Mix the pumpkin puree, with brown sugar and the spices.
5. After the dough has doubled in size, cover your work surface with flour and roll out the dough into a large rectangle. Spread the filling evenly on the dough and roll into a long roll. Cut into 7 cm think rolls and place on a tray. (You can either let them touch in a form or spread them out on a large baking tray). Let rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes. Meanwhile combine all the ingredients for the icing and pour over the rolls.